FRONT DESK/SITE MANAGER POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of common courtesy rules.
JOB SUMMARY: This position requires excellent customer service and the ability to multitask, interface with the public, and handle duties on the weekends & weekdays. Setup & breakdown of events. Greet residents and guests as they come into the PAL. Answer PAL telephone properly. Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the Front Desk, bathrooms, and common areas. Thank all guests for using the PAL, inquire of their experience, and finally invite them back as they depart.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Must be able to work on feet for several hours at a time. Must be able to lift, carry and move a minimum of 30 pounds.
The Front Desk/Site Manager must have the ability to perform all desk attendant functions including checking guests and vendors in and out, reservations, and phones MUST BE ANSWERED. Must have strong customer services skills. Provide support to all residents within the community center activities; athletics, fitness and sports programs; and/or other similar PAL events/recreational services.
Provides oversight of activities/events and necessary services to authorized patrons, including general information on the use of equipment. Provides information concerning facilities and operation. Ensures adherence to regulations and safety procedures. Monitors and checks the security of premises.
May assist in maintaining routine logs or reports.
Perform clerical, custodial and/or general maintenance duties as needed.
Provides OUTSTANDING Customer Service with an emphasis on courtesy. Assists residents and communicates positively in a friendly manner. Takes action to solve problems quickly. Alerts the higher-level supervisor, or proper point of contact for help when problems arise. Adheres to safety regulations and standards. Promptly reports any observed workplace hazards, and any injury, occupational illness, and/or property damage resulting from workplace mishaps to the immediate supervisor. Adheres to established standards of actively supporting the principles of the PAL program and prevention of MISCONDUCT
Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends, holidays and split shifts.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all PAL employees. Arrive to work on time, consistently. It is a job requirement that all employees must ‘clock in’ and ‘clock out’ at the start of their shift and at the end of their shift
- Upon entering the property, arrive in proper uniform, crisp, clean and in good repair.
- Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; management has final approval.
- Provide administrative, reception and program support to management and staff.
- Assist PAL staff in their duties and assignments as directed by management; including event SET-UP/BREAK-DOWN
- Answer phones and residents' questions including providing general knowledge in a courteous and patient manner.
- Manage walk-in traffic. Sign in residents as needed. Smile and greet customers in a welcoming manner.
- Responds to guest inquiries.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refer the matter to the management and note on shift report.
- 30 min walkthroughs; provide care, constant attention, and supervision to children/events/activities throughout the PAL
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager and shift report. Report any safety hazards, follow up that hazard has been corrected, and assist with providing a safe environment.
- Maintain cleanliness of bathrooms, locker rooms, common areas and office equipment. ORGANIZE AND REPLENISH SUPPLIES AS NEEDED.
- Attend all required training, safety courses; attend office and departmental meetings.
- Perform all opening and closing duties as assigned; ensuring building is empty, bathrooms and common areas are clean, and ALL DOORS are secured/locked.
- Keep work area neat, clean and orderly to include vacuuming and using SURFACE CLEANING on ALL AREAs as needed.
- Answer telephone, forward calls or take detailed messages and deliver to appropriate person.
- Maintain all logs and files.
- Learn DEPUTY (staff scheduling) system;
- Assist in the YOUTH CENTER/PAL as needed, working with the guests’ and members’ children.
- Perform any other jobs that will assist in quality member service as assigned by the Director or Supervisor.